Shabbat Beha'alotcha (Numbers 8:1 – 12:16)
So many interesting ideas clamor for attention this week:
- silver trumpets and the logistics of getting any number of Israelites moving on time;
- Moses getting fed up with the non-stop whining, and as a solution appointing 70 elders to over see things (how helpful do you think 70 old Jewish men were, exactly?).
- Then some of the elders start prophesizing, and pimply-faced Joshua gets his knickers in a twist about it.
- More whining about meat, followed by 1 months’-worth of arriving in a day (where’s a fridgidaire salesman when you neat him?).
- And of course, that leads to the “graves of craving” (I love saying that every year!).
SO… limited only by your creativity and the category of food assigned, please bring food which represents “a second chance” in some way.